Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Capital Punishment

As a spiritual person, I derive most of my morals from the bible itself. I am “an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth,” kind of guy. Therefore, I believe that if one commits murder, one should most definitely be put to death.
Like I pretty much mentioned already, I am a strong believer in the bible. In the first book of the bible, Genesis, God told Noah that “anyone shedding mans blood by man will his own blood be shed.” In the Ten Commandments given to Moses to be given to the Israelites, God commanded that there should be no murder. Also in the Law of Moses was the one stating that if two men were to “struggle,” or fight around a pregnant woman, and either the unborn baby or the woman was killed, the man responsible for the incident should be put to death. It’s from the bible instances like these, that I derive my personal morals. Therefore, I believe that if one commits murder, one should be put to death, just like it was back in those Bible times. So am I for Capital Punishment? Yes I am. This is my moral aspect of the whole thing. As far as things go such as how the person should be put to death, it really makes no difference to me. If the murderer put one to death for no particular reason, without mercy, and killed someone not caring how painful or how unpainful it was, who is to say that we shouldn’t treat the murderer the same way. In bible times it was done nice and easy, nothing fancy. People were “stoned,” to death, or pelted with stones until they succumbed to their injuries. So a nice and simple way of execution would be acceptable by me.
According to my morals and my personal views, Capital Punishment is acceptable. If one commits a murder, one should be put to death, just like God commanded his followers to do back then in bible times. So just like the “eye for an eye,” if one kills, one should pay for his murder with his own life.

No comments: